Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Gift





Not really hunting related, so I hope you don't mind but I wanted to take a chance to talk about Christmas.  Christmas is wonderful time of year.  It brings friends and family together like no other time of year, and I love that aspect of it.   However, it can be easy to get caught up in the commercialization of Christmas and its deviation from which it was originally intended.  While it is perfectly acceptable to have a tree and exchange gifts, and decorate the house with lights and ornaments, and enjoy the company of loved ones that you rarely get to see.  I challenge you to remember the real reason for the season, which is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, and best gift you will ever receive…..your salvation.  From my family to yours I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with friends and family to include our four legged hunting companions.  Merry Christmas!

2 comments: